Modern Architecture


Contracts and Council Submissions


Signing Contract

How are the Contracts Developed?

We now know precisely how your home will look and exactly how much it will cost. The next step is developing the contract. The tender document forms a crucial part of the contract, so it is essential to get the preliminaries as accurate as possible. 

Who Organises the Contracts?

We use Housing Industry Association (HIA) Domestic Building Contracts which set out each party's rights, liabilities, and obligations. The contract is sent to you so you can review it in your own time, without the undue pressure of having to understand the contents the first time reading it. Once you are ready to sign, you can either sign them electronically or can arrange a contract signing appointment meeting with us.

Who Lodges The Development Application With Council?

We alleviate the hassle of dealing with local Councils and Certifiers and manage the development application on your behalf whilst monitoring it throughout the approval process. In some instances, Council may request additional reports depending on your block location (eg. bushfire, acoustic reports etc.) to accompany your development application. We can assist by coordinating these requests on your behalf.

What Happens Next?

Upon signing your building contract, a job-specific Home Owners Warranty policy will be issued to you for your project. Home Owners Warranty provides a set period of cover for loss caused by defective or incomplete work in the event of the contractor's death, disappearance, or insolvency.

Once the HOW is issued, we submit the relevant applications to Council and appoint a Certifier. 

Working with Laptop